Friday, January 13, 2012

Sick of reading? Try listening to research!

Ever heard of the Sea Venture? Well, apparently Shakespeare had! While researching around on Luminarium I found this great podcast on how the Sea Venture and Ferdinand's ship met a similar end. It is only a couple minutes, but it is interesting to see the obvious connections between The Tempest shipwreck and the Sea Venture.

If you are new to Podcasts you should check out Derrick Clements' blog. He does great work! Subscribe to both his Podcast channels "The Porch" and "The Pixar Podcast" on iTunes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you found this! I am sick of reading and after a long weekend of homework its nice to find another resource we can use to explore Shakespeare from a different point of view.

This was very interesting to think about. I never quite recognized that Shakespeare lived around the same period of time. I just want you to know that your post inspired me with a few thoughts of my own. My last three posts were based off your thoughts. One posting your podcast, another exploring what Shakespeare thought about colonization based off an article I found on http://www.worldshakesbib.org. and the last on a class discussion on loyalty. Thanks!
http://custermiklavicarielle382.blogspot.com/2012/01/what-were-shakespeares-thoughts-on.html