Saturday, February 11, 2012

Anonymous

This afternoon I watched the movie Anonymous, and it is now my favorite movie tied with Midnight in Paris. The movie weaves a plot about the existence of William Shakespeare. There are many conspiracies about Shakespeare being a mere pen name for another author or multiple authors. Anonymous takes the stance that he is a pen name, but many twists require the real identity to be hidden. It was a great movie in my opinion. I don't know if I believe the plot, but seeing the plays being acted as they were in Shakespeare's time was incredible (I actually skipped back and watched that scene twice). Also, seeing the political effect the plays had was great. I know the movie is fictional, but the purpose of the plays as a political statement was beautifully acted in the movie. It's at Redbox. Go get it.

3 comments:

Mikhaela said...

That looks really good.

Kaleigh Jean Spooner said...

I will definitely have to go look up this movie! It really does look good. And I loved "Midnight in Paris!" All of the literary jokes had me rolling on the floor laughing. It was great. :)

Mallory Paige said...

I've been waiting for this to hit Redbox, glad it's finally there. Thanks for the recommendation :)